A whole meal in a cup. Not just any kind of meal. An all organic healthy, nutrient-rich meal that tastes more like desert. That is exactly what the owners of Raw Smoothie Co have accomplished. At Raw Smoothie Co, owners Gian Carlos Birriel and James Rue have developed over ten delicious green blends that can be enjoyed as either a smoothie bowl or a green smoothie. But how did it start? How did they build this business from the ground into a successful small business with huge potential? Well, that is what I came to find out. I know many of us plan on having our own businesses, and these USF grads have learned a thing or two on the subject. So I wanted to pick their brain and figure out what it really takes to build your own business.
Some questions for James and Gian:
- What inspired you to create this business?
- What were some of the first steps you took after deciding to open this business?
- What would you say is the hardest part about starting a business?
- What is your favorite part about Raw Smoothie Co?
- Explain the feeling of seeing your business grow each day.
- What are your favorite blends?
- What sets you apart from the competition?
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to start their own business?
- Where do you see Raw Smoothie Co in a few years?
- Plans in expanding? If yes, where would you pick for the next location?